Setup Business in UAE Call/WhatsApp +971 (58) 583 1243


I am starting an event coordinating business an llc. The first event I've been hired to plan is a charity event, my question is: What is the appropriate way to go about accepting donations to the Charity or the sponsorship of the event? Do I need seperate tax codes to allow donors and sponsors to write off their contributions?

| 👁 924 | Posted November 24, 2018 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

| Modified: November 24, 2018 | Author:


justaskingq93 1 year ago

Okay great, thanks. Now how about if they are sponsoring the event itself? Is that tax deductible under the same EIN or tax ID number?

joshb33071 1 year ago

501(c)3 donations are tax deductible, so that will help with soliciting and collecting donations. If you are collecting donations at the event you will want to get each persons full name, email and/or mailing address so the charity can send tax receipts. You shouldn't need separate tax codes, only the charity's EIN number or tax ID number

justaskingq93 1 year ago

It is a 501(c)(3)

joshb33071 1 year ago

There are a couple options. If the charity has a donation link on their website, you can set up a laptop for attendees to donate directly. If you are collecting donations, you will want to have the charity's EIN number. Another item to consider, is what is type of charity is it, e.g. a 501(c)3 or 501(g)e etc.

Post your Comments