Does your company have to pay for one flight home and back per year

I am moving to Dubai in June to start a new job. For some reason, I always remember someone telling me that, by law, your company is obliged to pay for the flights for one of your trips home per year.

I can't imagine this is really true - is it?

| 👁 605 | Posted April 18, 2018 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

lovely_carrot 1 year ago

In our company, flight benefits is based on job grade. Supervisory position and up get free flight ticket home every year while rank and file associates is every 2 years

whatnadineloves 1 year ago

I work for a private family and they provide an annual return ticket to my country of choice.

Grimmgoll 1 year ago

No, unless stated in their contract, no company is required under the labour law to provide any kind of coverage for air travel during employment or even renewal of employment. The employer is only responsible to provide a one way air ticket back to the employees home country upon termination by the employer. However the employer is not required to provide said air ticket or the cost of the air ticket if the ex-employee is doing an internal transfer of sponsorship.

Halta001 1 year ago

ItsBlackRedGold 1 year ago

Wrong. Employer doesn't have to provide anything to get you into the country, and only in some circumstances needs to provide you a ticket to leave. While annual tickets are so commonplace that many mistakenly assume they're required by law, they're actually not - it is completely up to the employer whether they want to provide tickets or not.

broke-in-dubai 1 year ago

Under Article 131 of the labour law, the employer has to pay for your tickets back to your place of origin at the end of your contract only if the cause of termination was the employer. As per the article ...If the cause for termination of contract is attributed to the employee, his repatriation will be arranged at his own expense if he has the mean to pay. There is no provision in the law for the employer to pay for yearly vacation.

navisic 1 year ago

Nope I don't get it. I was told if I get my family visa, then no ticket every year. :)

Razzler1973 1 year ago

They are generally provided but for lower paid positions you may not get it or it may be flights every 2 years. I don't think it's 'the law' but is pretty standard for many many positions/companies

sharjah111 1 year ago

By law, employer has to provide flight ticket to dubai at the start & one way ticket back home at the end of 2 year contract. Most employers give yearly tickets but they don't have to.

almost_dubaid 1 year ago

You are not entitled for annual air ticket unless terminated (one way ticket). Annual air ticket is an added bonus.

burksterdxb 1 year ago

Yes, I think it's a Ministry of Labour requirement. Not sure how far this is followed. I do get mine.